Darwin Huang represents developers, investors, owners, and institutional and private lenders in a wide range of transactional real estate matters, including acquisitions/dispositions and financings of commercial, condominium, hotel and mixed-use properties. He also represents landlords and tenants in the leasing of office and retail space.
Darwin regularly negotiates loan workouts, foreclosures, joint ventures, leasing and licensing agreements on behalf of his clients.
- JDS Development in the closing of a $664 million construction loan to build a 1,066-foot tower located at 9 DeKalb Avenue in Brooklyn, New York. Upon completion, the mixed-use luxury tower will be Brooklyn's tallest skyscraper.
- AEW Capital in the joint acquisition of a residential condominium development project with Silverback Development in Long Island City, New York.
- Midtown Equities in securing approximately $280 million in mortgage and mezzanine loans for the refinancing of Empire Stores located at 55 Water Street in Brooklyn, New York.
- Slate Property in a joint venture with the Carlyle Group to establish a $750 million lending platform.
- Quinlan and BLT in securing an approximately $152 million loan to recapitalize and lease-up the Pioneer Building located at 41 Flatbush in Brooklyn, New York.
- The Related Companies in multiple retail leases at Hudson Yards in Manhattan.
- Greenland Group in securing construction financing from institutional and EB-5 lenders for the development of a $1 billion project involving three residential towers in downtown Los Angeles, California.
- GFI Capital in the $425 million acquisition and financing of the Parker New York Hotel in Manhattan and the negotiation of a joint venture with Elliot Management.
- Apollo in providing an approximately $325 million mezzanine loan to a major New York developer for construction of a 1,438 foot-tall residential tower on Billionaires’ Row in Manhattan.
- A major Chinese asset manager in providing over $600 million in EB-5 loans to real estate developers for projects in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and New York.
- MRR Development in the $104 million acquisition of and zoning issues for a development site located at 126 East 57th Street in Manhattan, and the negotiation of a joint venture with Zahi Hagag, Israel’s largest developer.