Cindy Caranella Kelly’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation in all areas of the law, including cases involving state and federal securities laws, corporate governance, antitrust laws, breach of contract and fraud. Cindy has represented major financial institutions, creditors' committees, energy companies, and individuals before numerous state and federal courts, as well as in international arbitrations.
Lawdragon has recognized Cindy as one of the Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers in the U.S. for antitrust litigation. The Legal 500 also recognizes her as a leading antitrust litigator.
Cindy is the firm's Managing Partner, Administration, and Co-Chair of our Diversity Committee.
- Ford Motor Company in obtaining affirmative recoveries in connection with price-fixing, bid-rigging and customer allocation cartels involving more than 90 automotive parts suppliers, and impacted purchases in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa and South America, described by the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice as its largest criminal antitrust investigation, resulting in nearly $3 billion in criminal fines.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals and its individual directors and officers in defense of one of the largest securities class actions currently pending as well as the more than 20 related direct actions, filed on behalf of more than 75 opt-out plaintiffs.
- Representation of MetLife and Lloyds in actions to recover from investment bankers, trustees, ratings agencies and accountants for losses incurred in connection with $250 million in investments in notes issued by National Century Financial Enterprises.
- Successful defense of shareholder derivative claims brought against director of Friendly Ice Cream including claims for breach of fiduciary duty and waste of corporate assets.
- Successful prosecution of claims of insurance broker against affiliate of AIG, including a week long trial in Delaware Chancery Court in which the defendants were found liable for fraud, and a month long international arbitration.
- Successful defense of series of shareholder derivative actions in federal and state court, obtaining dismissals of all claims, including the seminal New Jersey state court decision on shareholder derivative litigation.
- Successful representation of creditors' committee in Verestar, Inc. against its public parent.