Brian S. Choi’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and white collar defense and investigations. He has represented companies, boards of directors, and individuals under investigation by the United States Department of Justice, the Securities Exchange Commission, and other regulatory enforcement agencies.
He also has significant experience representing clients in a broad spectrum of commercial litigation matters in federal and state courts, including securities fraud, antitrust and breach of contract cases.
Brian has been recognized by The Legal 500 and included on Benchmark Litigation’s 40 & Under Hot List.
Prior to joining the firm, Brian clerked for the Honorable William H. Pauley III in the Southern District of New York.
- Marc Fisher Footwear in insurance coverage litigation arising from cyber and other business disruptions.
- TerraForm Power in a contract dispute with two major private equity funds over a purported $231 million earnout payment.
- Godiva Chocolatier in putative nationwide class action lawsuits alleging false advertising and violation of consumer protection laws.
- XP Investments US, an investment management firm, in employment and commercial claims filed before FINRA or state and federal courts.
- Multiple investment funds in various trust instruction proceedings, Article 77 proceedings, and interpleader actions across the country brought to resolve disputes relating to structured finance vehicles.
- Multiple clients in the healthcare and manufacturing industries under investigation for violations of the False Claims Act.