Kim Conroy's practice focuses on complex litigation. Kim represents numerous investment firms and hedge funds, financial institutions, corporations and individuals in a variety of securities and business disputes in state and federal courts and arbitration. She also defends companies against governmental inquiries and has extensive experience involving structured finance products and transactions. Kim has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in New York Metro Super Lawyers in the areas of Securities Litigation, Civil Litigation, and Business Litigation.
- Seven foreign municipalities in a fraud and negligent misrepresentation action against subsidiaries of a national bank, concerning the sale and marketing of derivative products.
- A Liquidation Trustee of a bankrupt beverage manufacturer in a MDL action alleging, among other claims, fraud and RICO against several third parties, including insiders, equipment leasing companies and equipment manufacturers.
- A successful judgment and appeal on behalf of corporation against reorganized corporation for principal and interest owed under debt issuance.
- Prosecuted to a successful judgment of claims against sureties in dispute arising out of finite re-insurance transactions.
- A company investigated by the United States Attorney’s Office concerning claims of antitrust violations, resulting in a successful conclusion with no charges brought by the government.
- Part of team that drafted legislation passed by Congress that prohibited certain litigation against the firearm industry.