Kim Conroy's practice focuses on complex civil litigation and investigations. Kim represents numerous investment firms and hedge funds, financial institutions, corporations and individuals in a variety of securities, fraud and business disputes, with extensive experience handling large complex disputes in state and federal civil and bankruptcy courts and arbitration, at trial and appellate levels. She also has extensive experience with electronic discovery disputes and e-discovery requirements, both domestic and abroad.
Kim was instrumental in organizing a Latin Dance Party fundraiser at The Copacabana in Manhattan, raising significant funds for Puerto Ricans in the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Maria, in coordination with the Hispanic National Bar Association - Region II, Long Island Hispanic Bar Association, Latino Lawyers' Association of Queens County, and Dominican Bar Association.
Kim has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in New York Metro Super Lawyers in the areas of Securities Litigation, Civil Litigation, and Business Litigation.
Real Estate Investments Developers in obtaining a $1.25 million settlement relating to a real estate dispute arising from REID’s termination of its agreement to sell land along the New Jersey shore to SAMTD Acquisitions Cooper Avenue Urban Renewal after SAMTD failed to obtain certain governmental approvals. SAMTD sought to force the sale of the property to it, or, in the alternative, $35 million in damages. With the resolution of the dispute, the City of Long Branch approved REID’s project to develop the property.
- A major public utility in a dispute related to a failed implementation of SAP software.
- Harbinger Capital in restructuring its $2 billion investment in LightSquared, including related litigation by Harbinger against Dish Network and the FCC.
- Seven Norwegian municipalities in a fraud and negligent misrepresentation action against Citibank entities, concerning the sale and marketing of derivative products.
- The Liquidation Trustee of the Le-Nature’s in multi-district litigation against, among others, Wachovia, CIT, and Krones, a German manufacturer, for their participation and substantial assistance in Le-Nature’s massive Ponzi scheme. Together with the Liquidation Trustee, Kasowitz achieved multiple settlements with defendant parties.
- A customer of Bessemer for the sale of fraudulent derivative products.
- A national liquor distributor for claims against major law firms and an accounting firm for malpractice.
- A board member of Friendly’s in claims of breach of fiduciary duty.
- German bank WestRM in claims against sureties in a dispute arising out of finite re-insurance transactions.
- An international fur auction house in the world in an investigation by the United States Attorney’s Office concerning claims of antitrust violations.
- A major newspaper organization in an investigation by the New York State Attorney’s Office concerning claims of fraud.