Donald Reinhard is a trial lawyer with experience litigating complex commercial disputes in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration.
He has represented both Fortune 500 and emerging technology companies, venture and private equity funds, private corporations and partnerships, financial institutions and high net worth individuals in intellectual property disputes (including trademark, trade secret and copyright matters), high stakes commercial litigation, bankruptcy disputes and media/first amendment matters.
Donald has been recognized by Best Lawyers on its Ones to Watch list.
Prior to joining Kasowitz:
- Trial counsel in successful defense of Jackpot.com against trademark infringement, dilution, unfair competition and related claims in the Southern District of New York, obtaining post-trial judgment in complete favor of Jackpot.com on all counts.
- Chapter 11 Debtor Rockdale Marcellus in proceedings seeking to reject exclusive and onerous gas gathering agreement with adversary UGI Texas Creek, achieving successfully negotiated resolution of rejection dispute which allowed debtors’ bankruptcy plan to move forward.
- Tommy John, a fashion and lifestyle brand, in defending trademark infringement and related claims brought by Shinesty, achieving successfully negotiated resolution and dismissal of all claims.
- Leading credit-focused asset manager in post-bankruptcy sale dispute over scope of intellectual property rights acquired relating to fine dining restaurant chain and brand, Il Mulino.
- Saft America in bringing claims in Eastern District of New York against a competitor for misappropriation of trade secrets related to smart, lithium ion 6T military vehicle batteries, achieving successfully negotiated resolution and settlement.
- Several privately held pharmaceutical companies and a high net worth owner in successful defense of a $225 million civil RICO, breach of contract, and fraud action in Delaware District Court.