Jack Atkin’s practice focuses on complex insurance recovery, commercial, mass tort and other litigation.
He has represented a variety of businesses in insurance coverage disputes, chemical companies in toxic tort cases, private citizens and companies in environmental and commercial disputes and real estate developers in construction and business litigation.
- A variety of businesses in multi-million dollar insurance coverage disputes including Triumph Hotels, Marc Fisher Footwear, Above & Beyond, and The Yard, a provider of temporary office facilities and related services.
- Celanese, an international chemical company, in successfully obtaining summary judgment dismissal of failure to warn claims, based on the federal pre-emption doctrine, in a complex tort action.
- Celanese in obtaining dismissal of a product liability/personal injury case in West Virginia on statute of limitations grounds.
- Celanese in obtaining dismissal of product liability/personal injury claims in South Carolina based on the workers' compensation exclusivity doctrine.
- Celanese in successfully defending product liability/personal injury cases in Arizona, California, Pennsylvania, Missouri, New Jersey and Texas.
- Residents of Anniston, Alabama, in the successful prosecution of property damage and personal injury claims in an environmental tort action against a manufacturer of PCBs.
- An international textile corporation in obtaining dismissal after trial of breach of contract, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims case brought by its South American distributor.
- Jack Parker Corporation in successfully prosecuting breach of contract and negligence claims against the architect and contractors involved in the construction of the Parker Plaza in Fort Lee, New Jersey.
- Pathmark Stores in successfully defending a breach of contract action brought by a store lessee.
- A commercial property owner in Toms River, New Jersey in an environmental contamination lawsuit.
- A manufacturer’s representative of electronic systems for power systems in obtaining dismissal of breach of contract and tortious interference claims brought by a competitor.
- The owner of a residential development in Connecticut in the defense of allegations of fraud and negligent misrepresentation in the sale of the property.