Howard L. Bressler has represented chemical companies, manufacturers and retailers in product liability, toxic tort, mass tort, class action and environmental litigation in numerous jurisdictions. He also has represented thousands of plaintiffs exposed to toxic substances in various jurisdictions throughout the United States and has participated in the prosecution of some of the largest toxic tort cases in the country. Howard also has represented real estate developers in construction litigation and domestic and international real estate development transactions, as well as plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of complex breach of contract, fraud and related actions.
- Several manufacturers of asbestos-containing products in personal injury claims in New York, California, Texas, and Kentucky, including successfully resolving claims and obtaining dispositive relief for the manufacturers.
- Thousands of residents of Anniston, Alabama, in the successful prosecution of property damage and personal injury claims in an environmental toxic tort action against a manufacturer of PCBs. This result significantly expanded the availability of damages under Alabama law and led to verdicts in excess of $100 million prior to settlement.
- Wilson’s Suede & Leather in personal injury claims involving exposure to ingredients in leather treatment spray in California, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Wisconsin and West Virginia.
- Approximately 1,500 underground coal miners in several mass product liability isocyanate exposure actions in Alabama and West Virginia.
- Hoechst Celanese Corporation in the successful defense of product liability/personal injury formaldehyde exposure cases.
- Jack Parker Corporation in the successful prosecution of breach of contract and negligence claims against the architect and contractors involved in the construction of the Parker Plaza in Fort Lee, New Jersey.