Assistant Managing Clerk
The Assistant Managing Clerk will report to the Managing Attorney and Managing Clerk on the following job functions:
- Electronic filing of documents in all state and federal courts.
- Docketing and calendar case information on eDockets docketing system. Experience in using eDockets is preferred. Compute future calendar dates based upon methods of service and filing of documents. Access information maintained on the internal electronic docket and calendar- including case history and future filing deadlines.
- Electronically monitor all firm active matters and cases and litigants of interest through various databases (Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, E-Law).
- Research and respond to procedural questions regarding service and filing of court papers. Extensive knowledge of court rules and procedures required to assist in advising attorneys of Federal, State and Local rules, procedures and court-related guidelines.
- Review of documents being filed, both electronically and by hand, to ensure compliance with applicable rules.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, while exhibiting extraordinary attention to detail.
- Communicate with various court and agency personnel to ascertain information regarding status of motions and applications; confirm conference and hearing dates online and with court personnel.
- Provide sample forms of pleadings and other legal documents from electronic form file.
- A least 3 years of experience preferred.
- Overtime available.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please submit cover letter with resume by email to: HR-Resumes@kasowitz.comBenefits