Assistant Manager - Communications and Media Relations
Kasowitz Benson Torres is seeking a dynamic and proactive Assistant Manager – Communications and Media Relations to lead our firm’s internal communications and support our external media relations efforts.
The Assistant Manager will have exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent writing skills, and be an enthusiastic member of our small yet highly effective and collaborative marketing and business development team.
- Firm news: Draft news items on case wins and accolades for firm website and for distribution on social media.
- Awards and rankings submissions
- Draft most of the firm’s awards and rankings submissions, including certain of the firm’s Chambers and Legal 500 submissions (shared with others in the department) throughout the year.
- Media relations
- The Assistant Manager will support the Media Relations Advisor, who leads our firms’ external media relations efforts, and the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer to obtain positive media coverage for our firm’s high-profile complex commercial litigation, government affairs, white collar, bankruptcy, real estate transactional, and other litigation matters.
- Pitch thought leadership topics to publications and help shepherd the article or quote through publication.
- Help partners raise their social media profiles.
- General support: Provide general support for the department on an as-needed basis, including for business development. We are a small team; everyone pitches in so that we are able to provide the highest level of support for our lawyers.
- Outgoing and proactive approach. Strong work ethic, positive attitude, team player, and solution oriented.
- Exceptionally strong writing, proofreading and communication skills. Ability to understand complex legal issues and to summarize legal complaints and decisions.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Prior media relations experience a plus (drafting press releases and rankings/award submissions, building reporter lists using Cision or a similar database, sending tailored press releases to reporters and publications). Experience working as a journalist a plus.
- Four-year college degree required.
Please submit cover letter with resume by email to: