Kasowitz Announces Partner and Special Counsel Promotions for 2023
Kasowitz Benson Torres is delighted to announce that Jacob Abrams, Jill L. Forster, Daniel J. Koevary, David H. Kupfer, ThucMinh Nguyen, Jonathan L. Shapiro, and Stephen P. Thomasch have been promoted to partner, and Léa Dartevelle Erhel has been promoted to special counsel.
- Jacob Abrams: Mr. Abrams’ practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and government investigations. He has significant experience representing public companies, private equity firms and other organizations across a broad range of industries. Mr. Abrams is based in the firm’s Miami office.
- Jill L. Forster: Ms. Forster’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including structured finance and complex financial products litigation. She regularly represents investment firms and corporations in actions involving a wide variety of issues, including contract disputes, commercial torts and bankruptcy matters. Ms. Forster is based in the firm’s New York office.
- Daniel J. Koevary: Mr. Koevary’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including securities fraud and disputes involving complex financial products, as well as white collar defense and investigations. Prior to rejoining Kasowitz, Mr. Koevary was a prosecutor at the New York County District Attorney’s Office’s Major Economic Crimes Bureau. Mr. Koevary is based in the firm’s New York office.
- David H. Kupfer: Mr. Kupfer’s practice focuses on complex commercial and real estate litigation. He has significant experience representing financial institutions, real estate developers, life sciences and technology firms, and venture and private equity funds. Mr. Kupfer is based in the firm’s New York office.
- ThucMinh Nguyen: Ms. Nguyen’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation. She has significant experience representing global technology, media and telecommunications companies in patent and trademark disputes. Ms. Nguyen previously served as General Counsel and Senate Armed Forces Committee Professional Staff Member for Senator John McCain. Ms. Nguyen is based in the firm’s Silicon Valley office.
- Jonathan L. Shapiro: Mr. Shapiro’s practice focuses on employment litigation, including discrimination, retaliation and harassment claims; employment contract and restrictive covenant disputes; fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims; and wage and hour claims. He also advises clients on employment policies and practices and represents clients in commercial litigation matters. Mr. Shapiro is based in the firm’s New York office.
- Stephen P. Thomasch: Mr. Thomasch's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation. He has significant experience representing clients across a wide range of industries in high-stakes disputes involving business torts, contract disputes, and product liability. Mr. Thomasch is based in the firm’s New York office.
- Léa Dartevelle Erhel: Ms. Dartevelle’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, intellectual property litigation, white collar defense and investigations, and international arbitration. She has represented public and private companies in a broad range of disputes, including fraud, breach of contract, and patent infringement. Ms. Dartevelle is based in the firm’s New York office.