The Operations Assistant will report to the Associate Director of Facilities & Facilities Manager on the following job functions:
- Digital print production experience.
- Complete multiple projects at one time.
- Operate production printers and copiers: configure settings, manage job queues and select output formats.
- Process and manipulate electronic files.
- Hyperlinks, add & delete bookmarks experience.
- Print hard copy paper documents from electronic files.
- Scan paper documents into electronic files.
- Create fully customizable tabs.
- Create labels to title various folders or redwelds.
- Create miniature versions of standard size books or documents.
- Number physical documents or electronic files.
- Produce job proofs for customer review and approval.
- Convert and batch print documents such as PDF, Word, and Excel files.
- Process files from a fiery command workstation.
- Monitor printed product to maintain quality standards.
- Complete binding requirements from hardcopy productions (i.e. Velo, Spiral, Wire, Acco and 3-ring).
- Perform daily quality checks on equipment, calibrate and maintain image quality.
- Participate in cross-training and perform other duties as needed.
- Process, sort and deliver all incoming and outgoing mail according to Firm’s procedures, goals, and deadlines.
- Accept, calculate and apply postage for domestic, international, and special mail services.
- Process all incoming and outgoing FedEx, DHL, and UPS shipments using Pitney Bowes Send Suite Live application. Track shipments as necessary.
- Online ordering of mail service and office supplies via a third-party provider.
- Work in coordination with department staff on all incoming and outgoing messenger requests.
- Deliver supplies, large parcels, publications, etc. to office.
- Clean pantries and lunch room each morning and throughout the day to ensure they are stocked with supplies (coffee, tea, paper and plastic goods, etc.)
- Check Conference Rooms each morning and throughout the day and prepare them for daily activity.
- Perform hourly walk-through of all bathrooms to check for cleaning needs.
- Perform daily and periodic walk-through of the entire office space to check for cleaning needs.
- Complete recycle pickups daily.
- Complete all beverage and food set-ups for meetings and clean-ups afterwards.
- Respond to emergency calls throughout the day as needed.
- Responsible for moves and builds of office furniture as required.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of work history in support services/reprographics/digital print production.
- Knowledge of Canon multifunctional devices, Copitrak chargeback system, and various types of binding equipment required.
- Knowledge of Pitney Bowes Mailing Systems and basic website use including FedEx, Messenger, as well as other Couriers.
- Knowledge of relativity media, printing from FTP/drop box, or zip and pdf files from Nuance, preferred.
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of customer care while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees of the organization.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be added at the discretion of the Facilities Manager.
- Some knowledge of hanging art and light handyman work, etc.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please submit cover letter with resume by email to: HR-Resumes@kasowitz.comBenefits