Uri Itkin is a partner in Kasowitz’s complex commercial litigation group. He has extensive experience with matters involving structured finance, complex financial products and real estate transactions.
Uri has represented plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts, as well as arbitrations, across the country. His clients include leading hedge funds, private equity firms, investment advisors, real estate developers, corporations and family offices.
Law360 recently named Uri a 2018 "Rising Star" in the Asset Management category, making him one of only five attorneys, and the only litigator, recognized in this category nationwide. Uri has also been recognized by The Legal 500 as a Next Generation Lawyer, by Benchmark Litigation on its 2018 “40 and Under Hot List” and as a “Rising Star” by New York Metro Super Lawyers. He is fluent in Russian.
- Tilden Park Capital Management and Centerbridge Partners in a trust instructional proceeding concerning the actions of an indenture trustee for a residential mortgage-backed securitization.
- Angelo Gordon, Waterfall Asset Management, One William Street, and Libremax Capital in contract and regulatory disputes concerning 15 Delaware statutory trusts that hold over $10 billion in student loans.
- JDS Development in a multi-million dollar dispute concerning the transfer of air and development rights on the Lower East Side of Manhattan.
- Colony NorthStar in a contractual dispute concerning the administration of a commercial mortgage-backed securities CDO.
- Prominent New York real estate developer in multiple trusts and estates-related disputes.
- Whitebox Advisors, Deer Park Road Management Company, Tilden Park Capital Management, Prophet Capital Asset Management, Tricadia Capital Management, BlueMountain Capital Management, Poet Advisors, and several other funds in obtaining a favorable settlement of their objection to the estimation of billions of dollars of residential mortgage-backed securities claims in the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy.
- Global A&T Electronics, a TPG portfolio company, in obtaining dismissal of fraud and good faith and fair dealing claims related to its $502 million debt exchange.
- HSBC and US Bank, as indenture trustees in obtaining multi-million dollar settlements of representations and warranties claims related to residential mortgage-backed securitizations.
- Le-Nature’s liquidation trustee in obtaining a favorable settlement in arbitration against an accounting firm.
- Chicago Fundamental Investment Partners in obtaining a favorable settlement of claims against a global banking institution arising out of a distressed corporate debt CDO structure.
- Real estate asset manager in successfully avoiding arbitration.