Shelley Ivan represents corporations and individuals in a wide range of disputes spanning numerous industries and covering a broad spectrum of issues, including breach of contract, business torts, real estate, banking, securities, intellectual property, common law fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and RICO.
Shelley recently completed a secondment in Europe advising a foreign government-owned bank in connection with collateralized debt obligations and related claims.
Shelley is a registered patent attorney and her experience includes patent and trademark law.
- Adelphia Recovery Trust in a series of lawsuits, including a multi-billion dollar lawsuit against several hundred financial institutions, including the largest banks in the United States, for, among other things, intentional and constructive fraudulent conveyances, fraud, equitable subordination, equitable disallowance, and aiding and abetting fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Harbinger Capital Partners, a prominent hedge fund and majority shareholder of LightSquared, in connection with adversary proceedings against LightSquared’s largest creditor in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. In one of those adversary proceedings, the bankruptcy court held, after a trial on the merits, that the creditor breached the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing and the creditor’s misconduct warranted equitable subordination of its interest.
- Loreley Financing, in analyzing and bringing claims against major investment banks and other financial institutions concerning billions of dollars of collateralized debt obligations and other structured finance products.
- Chapter 7 Trustee of CEVA Investments in a lawsuit against the former directors of the company for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty in connection with the transfer of CEVA’s equity to an affiliate of Apollo Global Management.
- UniCredit, a leading European bank, defending class and individual actions in jurisdictions throughout the country in connection with tax shelter transactions.
- Signal Genetics in a breach of contract and commercial torts lawsuit against a Canadian-based life science company and a U.S. competitor concerning a multi-million dollar genomic-based diagnostic technology.
- Cityline Partners, a real estate asset manager and developer, in a declaratory judgment action arising out of a restrictive covenant and zoning regulations.
- Ad Hoc Committee of EFH Legacy Bondholders in the Energy Future Holdings bankruptcy.
- Marc Fisher in a breach of contract action against a well known lender concerning multiple factoring agreements.
- Delta Galil Industries in a breach of contract action concerning a commercial lease and asbestos abatement.