R. Tali Epstein focuses on complex civil litigation, including matters involving commercial contract disputes and fraud, intellectual property, insurance and securities. She represents clients in a wide variety of fields ranging from individual entrepreneurs and closely-held businesses to Fortune 500 companies, banks, telecommunications firms, retail and hospitality industry enterprises.
Tali also has extensive experience representing clients in software contract negotiations, licensing disputes and defective software implementation cases. She has been involved in some of the largest cases to date against software companies and consulting firms stemming from the failed implementation of ERP software systems, and an active part of Tali’s current practice focuses on this work.
- ScanSource in an action against Avanade stemming from an implementation of Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP software.
- W.C. Bradley in an action alleging fraud and breach of contract stemming from an implementation of SAP software.
- Avantor Performance Materials in an action against IBM stemming from an implementation of SAP software and an IBM software product.
- The County of Marin, California, in an action against Deloitte Consulting stemming from an implementation of SAP’s public sector software.
- Levi Strauss & Co. in litigation alleging fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and other claims against Deloitte Consulting stemming from a software implementation involving SAP’s apparel and footwear software.
- Waste Management in litigation alleging fraud and other claims against SAP stemming from a software implementation involving SAP’s waste and recycling software.
- The bankruptcy trustee of leading drug distribution company FoxMeyer in lawsuits against SAP and consulting firms that contributed to one of the most successful Chapter 7 recoveries in history.
- The Ritz Hotel Limited, owner and operator of the Ritz Paris Hotel, in litigation alleging trademark infringement and fraudulent registration of trademarks.
- Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association, New York Life Insurance Company, Angelo Gordon & Co., and other investors in a litigation against State Street Bank and Trust Company alleging negligence in connection with State Street’s failure to perform extra-contractual obligations as an indenture trustee.
- The Massachusetts General Hospital in a litigation alleging claims for medical malpractice, wrongful death and fraud arising from the death of a prominent television producer.
- The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Adelphia Communications Corporation in a litigation against hundreds of commercial lenders, investment banks and investment funds alleging $5 billion in damages arising from defendants' role in aiding and abetting the fraud and breach of fiduciary duty perpetrated by the Rigas family in looting Adelphia.