Marissa E. Miller’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation. She represents corporations, investment funds, and individuals in federal and state courts throughout the country in matters involving securities fraud, breach of contract, and a variety of business torts.
Marissa is recognized as a “Rising Star” in New York Metro Super Lawyers.
Marissa also devotes time to pro bono cases, including the successful representation of a client seeking custody and child support.
- A private investment fund in multi-year, multi-forum litigation to recoup its investments in a defrauded corporation and defeat third-party claims.
- Investment bankers in defending against fraudulent transfer claims related to the collapse of the Stanford Financial Group.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings in the Chapter 11 cases of EXCO Resources.
- A major automaker in obtaining affirmative recoveries in connection with price-fixing, bid-rigging and customer allocation cartels involving more than 90 automotive parts suppliers, and impacted purchases in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa and South America, described by the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice as its largest criminal antitrust investigation, resulting in nearly $3 billion in criminal fines.
- An investment fund in defending against claims for breach of a purported oral partnership agreement.
- An attorney subject to investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Hilton Worldwide in an action alleging trade secret misappropriation brought by Starwood Hotels & Resorts.