Jonathan E. Minsker is a commercial litigator whose practice focuses on complex business disputes involving breach of contract and business torts, such as breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and civil racketeering. He has extensive experience in all aspects of civil litigation, including discovery, dispositive motions, trials and appeals.
Jonathan has successfully represented private and publicly-traded companies, private equity firms, distressed debt funds and other investment vehicles and creditor constituencies in state and federal courts and in federal bankruptcy proceedings.
Jonathan is regularly recognized in New York Metro Super Lawyers.
- Lead trial counsel for an individual lender to a real estate project in Brooklyn, New York, resulting in a $13 million federal court judgment at trial against the borrower.
- The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Adelphia Communications Corporation, and its successor, the Adelphia Recovery Trust, in an action against approximately 400 commercial lenders, investment banks and investment funds, seeking more than $5 billion in damages relating to defendants' role in the looting of funds from Adelphia.
- Purolite International, a specialty chemical manufacturer, in an action against competitor Thermax Ltd. (India) for misappropriation of trade secrets relating to formulae and production processes for ion-exchange resin. The case settled on the eve of trial with a $38 million payment by Thermax.
- A publicly traded British sports and entertainment holding company pursuing fraud and breach of contract claims against an American entertainment and media conglomerate.
- A semiconductor manufacturer pursuing malpractice, fraud and racketeering claims against a Big Three accounting firm.
- A provider of genomic-based diagnostic cancer tests in an action concerning the ownership of a predictive test for lung cancer.
- A Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee for a pharmaceutical distributor pursuing fraud and breach of contract claims against a European manufacturer of enterprise resource planning software
- Armstrong World Industries, a leading manufacturer of floor tiling, in defending claims of a purported nationwide class of millions of residential and commercial property owners. The court denied plaintiffs' motion to certify the proposed class.