Jeffrey R. Alexander represents corporations and individuals in significant securities, white collar, commercial and accounting litigation. Jeff has substantial experience leading discovery efforts involving complex financial frauds and as a first-chair deposition taker of expert witnesses and senior management.
Prior to joining Kasowitz, Jeff primarily focused on securities litigation, recovering over $1 billion for shareholders of public companies in high-profile class actions.
- Both corporate and individual defendants in a criminal securities fraud and SEC enforcement action pending in the Southern District of New York arising out of an alleged scheme to defraud relating to the resale of tickets for Hamilton and other Broadway shows and concerts.
- A timber company in a RICO and defamation civil action.
- $234 million settlement related to securities fraud claims arising from the bankruptcy of a large commodities brokerage.
- Record $219 million settlement in the Eastern District of Virginia regarding an insurance company’s fraudulent concealment of deteriorating long-term care reserves.
- $120 million settlement regarding an oil and gas company’s fraudulent tax accounting.
- $275 million settlement concerning a major financial institution’s misrepresentations regarding its RMBS portfolio.
- U.S. Soccer in its bid to host the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups.