Gavin D. Schryver focuses on complex commercial, restructuring and antitrust litigation in state and federal courts. Gavin is recognized as a “Rising Star” in New York Metro Super Lawyers.
- An ad hoc committee of EFH noteholders in successful litigation over the allocation of hundreds of millions of dollars in administrative claims across multiple debtors’ estates.
- The debtors and their parent company in a Delaware adversary proceeding alleging that the debtors’ lender breached its contractual and other duties in connection with a $360 million facility.
- J. Crew Group in defending claims by term lenders challenging certain strategic transactions involving J. Crew's intellectual property and asserting intentional fraudulent conveyance.
- National Grid in an action against a software vendor stemming from a $1 billion implementation of SAP software.
- The Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers in an amicus brief filed in the Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court in support of bondholders’ successful challenge to the Puerto Rico Recovery Act.
- MusclePharm, a nutritional supplements company, in various cases pending in state and federal courts in Arizona, California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Nevada and New York, including defeating a preliminary injunction motion brought by White Winston, a hedge fund shareholder of MusclePharm, seeking to prevent MusclePharm’s Chairman and CEO Ryan Drexler from converting his $18 million loan to the company into equity.
- Two investment advisory firms pursuing contract and other claims related to the improper redemption of bonds in violation of their governing indentures. The matter was settled after Gavin obtained an award of summary judgment establishing the defendant’s liability.
- A hedge fund in a dispute against a multi-billion dollar hedge fund arising out of a failed trade of distressed debt.