Deva Roberts’ practice spans a wide range of high-stakes commercial disputes. She has represented major corporations, partnerships, financial institutions, and individuals in actions involving intellectual property, cross-border and international, contract, fraud, securities, and business claims in both federal and state courts.
- Liggett in numerous FDA compliance and enforcement matters.
- Clients in connection with Congressional and other government inquiries and investigations.
- Purolite Corporation, one of the largest providers of water decontamination treatment processes worldwide, in prosecuting international trade secret theft of proprietary technology for use at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant against Hitachi subsidiaries and affiliates in Japan and New York federal court.
- A major media company in a breach-of-contract action arising from a bankruptcy auction involving more than a dozen radio stations and newspapers across the country.
- A private investment fund in multi-year, multi-forum litigation to recoup its investments in a defrauded corporation and defeat third-party claims.
- Pro bono representation, as co-counsel with Disability Rights Advocates, of individuals with various disabilities, securing a landmark class action settlement with Continuum Health Partners (part of the Mount Sinai Health System), in which the hospitals agreed, among other things, to identify and remediate architectural barriers and purchase more accessible medical equipment at more than 10 hospitals and outpatient facilities in Manhattan and Brooklyn.