Andrew A. Davenport is a trial lawyer and problem solver. During his more than twenty-five-year legal career, Andy has handled hundreds of lawsuits, and helped clients resolve problems outside of litigation, in a wide variety of circumstances. Not only has he efficiently and cost effectively handled smaller contract disputes, business problems, and personal injury claims, but he has also acquired extensive experience, and obtained successful results, in complex commercial disputes (antitrust, commercial fraud, construction, software implementation, trademark/trade dress infringement), commercial non-bankruptcy debt workouts, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death claims, and both consolidated and multi-jurisdictional mass tort claims.
Andy specializes in litigation involving business disputes and product liability. He represents plaintiffs as well as defendants in a range of complex commercial, product liability, and toxic tort cases. He has tried or otherwise resolved a diverse set of cases—including individual filings, arbitrations, consolidated mass tort cases, and multi-district litigation proceedings—in several different states. Andy’s legal peers have recognized him with a Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating—the highest peer review rating available in both legal ability and ethical standards.
- Genuine Parts Company in defense of asbestos claims in Georgia and in managing parts of the discovery program for its national asbestos docket.
- Bringing whistleblower claims under the False Claims Act against four of the country’s largest chemical companies for their decades-long conspiracy to conceal from the federal government not only their intentional refusals to transfer to the Environmental Protection Agency significant hazard information about their chemicals, but also their resulting liability for $30 billion in Toxic Substances Control Act civil penalties and damages for breaching their Compliance Audit Program contracts with the EPA.
- Management role on the firm's team serving as National Coordinating Counsel for a Fortune 500 company's national asbestos/talc products docket.
- America’s Collectibles Network d/b/a Jewelry Television® in a lawsuit involving fraud, Consumer Protection Act, and breach of contract claims against Sterling Commerce, an IBM company, for its attempted implementation of its warehouse management, order management, and purchase order software systems.
- ScanSource, in a lawsuit involving fraud and breach of contract claims against Avanade for its attempted implementation of Microsoft Dynamics AX software.
- A major media company in a breach-of-contract action arising from a bankruptcy auction of more than a dozen radio stations and newspapers across the country.
- National counsel to a Fortune 500 company in state and federal multi-district product liability litigation that alleged neurological injury from exposure to welding fumes.
- Lead trial counsel for approximately 1,500 underground coal miners in several mass product liability actions in Alabama and West Virginia. After managing an excellent team of lawyers and support staff during more than eight years of hard-fought litigation, Andy (together with his partners and co-counsel) obtained tens of millions of dollars in settlements for the coal miners, whose exposure to isocyanate-containing products caused serious respiratory injuries. Andy also managed the resolution of medical expense reimbursement and/or subrogation claims asserted by the government (Medicare, Medicaid, and the VA), private insurers, and ERISA health plans against the coal miners’ settlements.