Amy K. Nemetz is a trial lawyer with broad experience in complex civil and commercial litigation. She represents both plaintiffs and defendants in financial disputes, products liability cases, securities litigation, bankruptcy proceedings, and class actions. Amy’s clients have included financial services and investment firms, pharmaceutical, media, and energy companies, and high net worth individuals.
Amy also devotes time to pro bono work, including representing asylum seekers and individuals pursuing civil rights claims in federal court.
Amy has been recognized by Best Lawyers on its Ones to Watch list.
Prior to joining Kasowitz, Amy worked at an international law firm and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jan E. DuBois of the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining Kasowitz
- A major pharmaceutical company in five bellwether jury trials in state and federal court in federal multi-district litigation and coordinated state products liability actions, resulting in favorable judgments.
- Nonprofit voting rights organizations in leading successful Voting Rights Act litigation in EDNY that resulted in the creation of a majority-minority voting district.
- Liquidators of Madoff feeder fund in defense of a $300 million breach of contract litigation in SDNY.
- Liquidators of Madoff feeder fund plaintiffs in 18 coordinated clawback actions seeking $6 billion from over 60 defendants in SDNY Bankruptcy Court.
- Student loan borrowers in nationwide class actions against the loan servicer and the U.S. Department of Education for misrepresentations and mishandling of a public service loan forgiveness program, respectively. Settlement of the loan servicer litigation was upheld, over objections, by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.