Albert J. Delgado is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Transactions group, where he represents clients in a wide range of retail, office, industrial, residential and mixed-use real estate transactions. Albert regularly represents institutional and private lenders and servicers in a variety of matters, including origination and modification of construction, permanent and hybrid loans, as well as pursuing resolutions for troubled loans through workouts, foreclosures and deeds in lieu of foreclosure. Additionally, he assists clients in formulating and implementing complex real estate transactions involving international and domestic organizational structures.
Albert is frequently recognized as a leader in his field by leading legal publications, including The Legal 500 and Super Lawyers. He has also been recognized as a “40 Under 40” outstanding lawyer of Miami-Dade County.
Albert is fluent in Spanish.
- JDS Development in the closing of a $664 million construction loan to build a 1,066-foot tower located at 9 DeKalb Avenue in Brooklyn, New York. Upon completion, the mixed-use luxury tower will be Brooklyn's tallest skyscraper.
- Arbor Realty Trust in the origination of mortgage loans throughout the United States for the company’s bridge lending platform.
- Rialto Mortgage Finance and UBS Real Estate Securities in the origination of more than 150 commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) loans throughout the United States.
- JDS Development in a $137 million construction loan as part of the final funding for the Monad Terrace project in South Beach, Miami.
- The Related Companies in securing a $93 million loan to refinance existing construction financing, mezzanine debt and equity participations for a site containing a Hilton Hotel in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- A consortium led by JDS Development in mortgage and mezzanine financing used to refinance an existing loan, and provide funds for the construction of the foundation for a proposed high-end condominium project in South Beach, Miami, Florida.
- BRP Development in matters relating to the development of a $57 million residential project at 10 Commerce Street in New Rochelle, New York.
- The Witkoff Group in the $48 million refinancing of seven Walgreens properties throughout the United States.
- JMC Holdings in obtaining $34 million of permanent financing from Deutsche Bank for a commercial condominium property in Manhattan.
- Taconic Capital, and its partners Axonic Capital and The Ardent Companies, in the acquisition of a mortgage loan secured by a portfolio of industrial warehouse properties in Atlanta, Georgia, the subsequent acquisition through foreclosure of the mortgaged properties, and the refinancing of the properties.
- LNR Property in the negotiation of a purchase and sale agreement for an office center located in Plano, Texas, as well as the sale of a multi-family property in Georgia.
- A real estate investment firm in the refinancing of a 336-unit multifamily project in Madison, Alabama; the sale of the 243-unit complex known as Washington Park Townhomes in Louisville, Kentucky; and the acquisition and financing of property commonly known as Stone Crossing in Huntsville, Alabama.
- A premier South Florida developer and manager of commercial real estate in the $7 million mortgage loan and mezzanine loan refinancing of Causeway Square, an office and retail space in one of North Miami’s popular up-and-coming business districts.
- BRP Development in the aggregation of multiple adjacent parcels from different sellers located in New Rochelle, Westchester County, New York.
- A Miami-based family office in the acquisition and financing of multiple single-tenant assets throughout the Southeast region of the United States.
- Ares Capital as Florida local counsel in placing construction financing for a large mixed-use development in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Barlington Group in a joint venture with Torchlight Investors and the joint venture’s acquisition of various properties in Miami’s Little Havana district.
- Epelboim Development Group in obtaining construction financing for the development of an EVEN Hotel serving Miami International Airport.
- Barlington Group in obtaining commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) financing on an eight-retail property portfolio in Miami.
- SunTrust Bank in providing construction financing for a medical office building on a hospital campus in Broward County, Florida.
- ACU Holdings in the disposition of a $54 million waterfront property in Miami’s Edgewater district.
- Regents Park Equity in the disposition of the Brickell Flatiron property and related development rights in Miami.
- AXA Equitable in the acquisition of an industrial warehouse park by deed in lieu, and the simultaneous sale and financing of the same property to new ownership.
- Sabadell United National Bank in a construction loan for the development of a mixed-use commercial structure containing residential condominium, premium retail, event space and parking garage components in Miami.