Legal 500 US Recommends Kasowitz Practice Groups and Attorneys
Six Kasowitz practice groups and 15 partners have been recommended in the 2015 edition of Legal 500 US. Legal 500 US is a ranking publication that provides in-depth, comprehensive analysis of law firms across the United States.
Kasowitz has been recommended in the following practice areas. Select editorial notes are below.
Finance: Corporate Restructuring (including Bankruptcy) – “The ‘exemplary’ Kasowitz Benson Torres LLP provides‘outstandingly strategic and tactical advice,’ which produces a ‘consistently complete and thorough work product’… its creditors’ rights and bankruptcy group shines in contentious matters, where it represents both debtors and creditors in contested bankruptcy proceedings. Indeed, sources highlight the firm as ‘at the top of the list for hard-fought litigation.’”
Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation: Full Coverage – “Representing Google in two separate cases against Eolas and MasterObjects… the group also acted for Sony in 15 patent lawsuits brought by PanTaurus LLC against several major technology companies, and is defending Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals against Endo’s claim that the client’s generic version of its Opana ER painkiller infringes three owned patents.”
Litigation: Commercial Litigation – “‘Highly responsive, incredibly knowledgeable and experienced,’ say observers of Kasowitz Benson Torres LLP, which provides ‘extremely insightful legal advice and outstanding results in a very cost-effective manner’… The firm’s ‘aggressive and effective’ style is appreciated not only by plaintiffs, but also defense clients.”
Litigation: Securities: Shareholder Litigation – “‘Top notch with impressive capacity, tremendous experience and considerable expertise.’ Known as ‘a very good, very aggressive litigation firm,’ it is ‘a go-to for clients who want to sue banks.’”
Real Estate and Construction: Real Estate – “Kasowitz Benson Torres LLP’s ‘very responsive’ team is known for its real estate transaction, litigation and bankruptcy expertise, focusing on development, acquisition, leasing, capital markets, financings and restructurings. It has niche expertise in the gaming and hospitality arena.”
The following attorneys have been highlighted in their respective areas.
- Marc E. Kasowitz, Litigation: Commercial; Litigation: Leading Trial Lawyers; Litigation: Securities: Shareholder Litigation
- Adam M. Endick, Real Estate and Construction: Real Estate
- Douglas B. Heitner, Real Estate and Construction: Real Estate
- Darcy L. Jones, Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation: Full Coverage
- Sheron Korpus, Litigation: Commercial; Litigation: Securities: Shareholder Litigation
- Edward E. McNally, Litigation: Commercial
- Jerold Oshinsky, Insurance “Leading Lawyer”
- David S. Rosner, Finance: Corporate Restructuring
- Wallace L. Schwartz, Real Estate and Construction: Real Estate
- Adam L. Shiff, Finance: Corporate Restructuring
- Matthew B. Stein, Finance: Corporate Restructuring
- Jeffrey J. Toney, Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation: Full Coverage
- Hector Torres, Litigation: Commercial; Litigation: Securities: Shareholder Litigation
- Jonathan K. Waldrop, Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation: Full Coverage