Uri A. Itkin’s practice focuses on complex financial and derivative products, real estate, securities and general commercial litigation. Uri advises and represents hedge funds, financial institutions, corporations and private equity firms in federal and state courts, as well as arbitration. Uri has been recognized as a Securities and Corporate Finance “Rising Star” in the 2015-2016 editions of New York Metro Super Lawyers.
Uri is fluent in Russian.
- Global A&T Electronics (“GATE”), a Singapore-based semiconductor company, securing complete dismissal of claims by first lien noteholders seeking to unwind GATE’s $502 million debt exchange based on alleged breaches of the governing indenture and intercreditor agreements.
- Representing and advising investors and trustees in connection with numerous commercial and residential mortgage-backed securities actions.
- European municipalities in an action against a global bank concerning misrepresentations in the sale and marketing of derivative products linked to a municipal yield curve arbitrage fund.
- Liquidation Trustee of a bankrupt beverage manufacturer in arbitration and federal multi-district litigation against insiders, auditors, financial advisors and equipment manufacturers.
- Hedge fund in an action against financial institutions arising out of a breach of multiple integrated agreements governing a credit default swap linked to distressed corporate debt.
- Real estate investment firm in connection with issues arising out of financing and hedging a large multi-family residential development.
- Real estate asset manager in a New York state action to avoid arbitration.
Northwestern University School of Law
University of Maryland
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York