Trevor is a litigation partner with nearly twenty years of experience litigating complex commercial disputes in state and federal courts across the country. Trevor has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of disputes, with an emphasis on breach of contract and business torts as well as financial product-related matters. Trevor has also successfully represented clients in a variety of appellate matters, ranging from constitutional issues to challenges to jury verdicts, including in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Ninth Circuit and D.C. Circuit, as well as in New York, Virginia and Maryland appellate courts.
Based on his experience in high-profile litigation, Trevor co-authored the chapter entitled, “Handling The Media During Government Investigations” and contributed substantially to a chapter entitled, “Managing Electronic Information During Government Investigations,” in the third edition of the acclaimed treatise Defending Corporations and Individuals in Government Investigations.
- MF Global Holdings, as Plan Administrator, in a highly publicized $3 billion trial against PwC for accounting malpractice in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. The lawsuit, which received widespread international media coverage, settled during the third week of trial.
- National Grid in an action against a software vendor stemming from a $1 billion implementation of SAP software.
- ACA Financial Guaranty Corp., a bond insurer, in its $120 million fraud suit against Goldman, Sachs & Co. and its hedge fund client, Paulson & Co., Inc., for fraudulently inducing ACA to issue a financial guaranty for Goldman’s notorious ABACUS CDO.
- Clover Capital Management, a financial services firm, in an action against Federated, the firm that acquired it, for fraudulently inducing the sale and failing to maximize earnout payments.
- Gardensensor, a start-up company in a breach of contract action against Black & Decker for failure to market the product at issue as promised.
- Savers, an international thrift store chain, in an enforcement action by a state attorney general infringing on its First Amendment right to solicit donations.
- MBIA, the world's largest bond insurer, in federal and state court actions brought by leading financial institutions challenging MBIA’s $5 billion restructuring of its structured finance and municipal bond insurance businesses.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, the largest Canadian insurance company, in its $6 billion action against hedge funds, broker-dealers and others alleging that the defendants conspired to damage Fairfax’s business in an effort to manipulate the price of Fairfax securities after taking short positions in its stock and bonds.
- UniCredit Bank, in an action against Textron, the servicer of securitized notes, for failure to properly monitor the underlying collateral.
- UniCredit, a leading European bank, in defending class and individual actions in jurisdictions throughout the country in connection with tax shelter transactions.
- A partner in Green Valley Ranch, a Las Vegas casino, in a breach of contract action alleging that the managing partner diverted “high rollers” from the jointly owned casino to its wholly owned casinos.
- Costa Brava, a hedge fund, in a trial against a public accounting firm for aiding and abetting breaches of fiduciary duty, as well as in related appeals, including an appeal of an injunction prohibiting Costa Brava from filing an action in another state court in violation of the First Amendment.
- Steel Los III, a real estate developer, in special proceeding resulting in a rare reversal of a taking of property in violation of the Fifth Amendment.