Michael E. Hutchins joined Kasowitz as the partner in charge of the firm's Atlanta office in 2001. Mike specializes in complex civil litigation. He has represented many pharmaceutical and chemical companies, consumer and industrial product manufacturers in a variety of complex toxic tort, product liability, general liability and commercial litigation matters. He serves three of his largest clients as national counsel for toxic tort litigation and has represented other clients on a regional and local basis. He has tried cases or represented clients in litigation around the country including courts in Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, West Virginia, Virginia, Delaware and California.
Mike is recognized as a local “litigation star” by Benchmark Litigation and has been named among The Best Lawyers in America. Mike has also been selected as a Top Rated Lawyer in Energy Environmental and Natural Resources by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell.
Prior to joining Kasowitz, Mike served on active and reserve duty for the United States Army Judge Advocate General's Corps. He also served as a major for the United States Army Reserve.
- National counsel to three large corporations in toxic tort litigation.
- Part of a trial team that tried a large policyholder recovery case to a successful plaintiff's verdict in Wilmington.
- Tried a mesothelioma wrongful death case to a complete defense verdict on all issues in Richmond, Virginia.
- Tried a four-plaintiff asbestos case to a complete defense verdict on all issues in North Carolina.
- Chapter 95 summary judgments obtained in two high exposure mesothelioma cases in Texas.
- Prosecution in Texas of a major theft of industrial trade secrets case involving a foreign competitor.