Julia E. Sanabria represents clients in a wide range of real estate matters with a particular emphasis on commercial leasing. She represents various institutional and non-institutional clients in the leasing and subleasing of office and retail space throughout the United States, including major real estate players Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, The Related Companies, JEMB Realty, Extell Development Company, Forest City Ratner and Joy Construction.
Ms. Sanabria also has experience with joint ventures, the origination and restructuring of mortgage and mezzanine loans, developments, and loan workouts. She has consistently been recognized as a “Rising Star” in New York Metro Super Lawyers.
Prior to joining Kasowitz, Ms. Sanabria served as in-house real estate counsel at ADP. She also formerly served as a real estate lawyer at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
- ERY Developer and Oxford Properties in the leasing of a 750,000-square-foot multi-level shopping center being built at Hudson Yards, including signing Neiman Marcus as the anchor tenant. Hudson Yards is the largest private real estate development in the history of the United States and the largest development in New York City since Rockefeller Center.
- Boston Properties in amending Apple’s lease for its flagship store at 767 Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, the initial lease-up of 250 West 55th Street in Manhattan, and the leasing of space to various tenants at 399 Park Avenue and 510 Madison Avenue in Manhattan.
- Oxford Properties in a headquarters lease to the National Basketball Association at 645 Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.
- Silverstein Properties in the initial lease-up of 7 World Trade Center in Manhattan.
- Extell Development in the initial lease-up of the Gem Tower in Manhattan, the net leasing of various buildings in Midtown South, and retail leases throughout Manhattan.
- Forest City Ratner in the leasing of space to Brooklyn Friends School at One MetroTech Center in Brooklyn, New York, and Westchester’s Ridge Hill shopping center in Yonkers, New York.
- Microsoft in its New York headquarters lease at 11 Times Square and a lease at 641 6th Avenue in Manhattan.
- ADP in the sale and lease-back of its corporate headquarters in Roseland, New Jersey.
- Société Générale in its New York headquarters lease at 245 Park Avenue in Manhattan.
- Daily News in the leasing of space at 4 New York Plaza in Manhattan.
- Steiner NYC in a long-term ground lease with the Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation and a long-term lease with Wegmans Food Markets in Brooklyn, New York.
- Jones Lang LaSalle in its New York headquarters lease at 330 Madison Avenue in Manhattan.
- Knight Capital Group in various leases in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, including its headquarters at 300 Vesey Street in Manhattan.
Financing and Development
- Forest City Ratner and JEMB Realty in a real estate deal with New York City to develop an 87,000-square-foot public school at One Willoughby Square in Brooklyn, New York. This is the first major commercial development project in downtown Brooklyn since the area was rezoned in 2004.
- Fortress Investment Group in the financing by a syndicate of lenders of the railroad related assets owned by Flagler Development and Florida East Coast Railway.
- Deutsche Bank in mezzanine and mortgage secured financings throughout the United States.
- Andre Balazs Properties in the development of hotel projects