Jack Atkin's practice focuses on complex commercial, mass tort and other litigation. He has represented chemical companies in a variety of toxic tort cases, private citizens and companies in environmental and commercial disputes and a major real estate developer in construction litigation.
- In a complex toxic tort action, successfully obtained summary judgment dismissal of failure to warn claims against international chemical manufacturer based on the federal pre-emption doctrine.
- Obtained dismissal of a product liability/personal injury case against chemical company in West Virginia on statute of limitations grounds.
- Obtained dismissal of product liability/personal injury claims against chemical company in South Carolina based on the workers' compensation exclusivity doctrine.
- Successful defense of product liability/personal injury cases against chemical company in Arizona, California, Pennsylvania, Missouri, New Jersey and Texas.
- Successful prosecution of property damage and personal injury claims in an environmental tort action on behalf of residents of Anniston, Alabama against a manufacturer of PCBs.
- Obtained dismissal after trial of breach of contract, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims case against international corporation by the South American distributor of its textile products.
- Successful prosecution of breach of contract and negligence claims on behalf of Jack Parker Corporation against the architect and contractors involved in the construction of the Parker Plaza in Fort Lee, New Jersey.
- Successful defense of a breach of contract action against Pathmark Stores, Inc. by a store lessee.