Gavin D. Schryver focuses on complex commercial and antitrust litigation in state and federal courts. He handles a broad range of antitrust matters, commercial and contract litigation, and other complex disputes. Gavin is recognized as a “Rising Star” in New York Metro Super Lawyers.
- J. Crew Group in defending claims by term lenders challenging certain strategic transactions involving J. Crew's intellectual property and asserting intentional fraudulent conveyance.
- A leading public utility in a dispute with consulting firms stemming from a failed implementation of SAP software.
- A sports nutrition company in contract disputes with a number of its counterparties, including major sports and entertainment figures.
- Purolite Corporation, one of the largest providers of water decontamination treatment processes worldwide, in trade secret litigation against Hitachi subsidiaries and affiliates in Japan and New York federal court.
- The Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers in an amicus brief filed in the Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court in support of bondholders’ successful challenge to the Puerto Rico Recovery Act.
- Two investment advisory firms pursuing contract and other claims related to the improper redemption of bonds in violation of their governing indentures. The matter was settled after Gavin obtained an award of summary judgment establishing the defendant’s liability.
- A hedge fund in a dispute against a multi-billion dollar hedge fund arising out of a failed trade of distressed debt.
- Anderson News in an antitrust action alleging a conspiracy among the leading magazine publishers and distributors to boycott Anderson forcing it into bankruptcy.