Casey Cusick’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and matrimonial and family law. She has experience representing corporations and individuals in federal and state courts at all phases of litigation, from the inception of a case through trial, in matters involving breach of contract, business torts, financial fraud, trade secret, bankruptcy, white collar defense, and government investigations. Casey has worked with a broad range of clients, including financial institutions, investment managers, real estate developers, fashion designers, entertainment industry executives, and high net-worth individuals.
With respect to matrimonial and family law, Casey focuses on disputes involving divorce, distribution of assets and liabilities, custody, child and spousal support, paternity, and other areas of matrimonial and family law before New York State trial courts. She also negotiates and drafts prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
Casey also devotes time to pro bono matrimonial and family law representations.
- A global fashion designer and her company against fraud claims brought by her ex-husband and former corporate business partner.
- A global fashion designer in subordinating other creditors’ debts below a marital debt and child support judgment obtained against her ex-husband.
- The Related Companies in disputes with a Chinese joint venture partner.
- Harbinger Capital Partners, the controlling shareholder of LightSquared, in LightSquared’s bankruptcy proceeding.
- An individual defendant in a criminal securities fraud action in the Southern District of New York arising out of an alleged scheme to defraud relating to the resale of tickets for Hamilton and other Broadway shows and concerts.