Andrew R. Kurland focuses his practice on commercial litigation, and he has experience representing a broad range of clients in connection with disputes regarding securities, complex financial products, credit facilities, and real estate transactions, among others, in both state and federal courts. Andrew was named a “Rising Star” in business litigation in New York Metro Super Lawyers.
Andrew also participates in the firm’s recruiting activities, periodically teaches continuing legal education courses, and enjoys contributing time pro bono to the Legal Aid Society.
- TPG in numerous matters, including in bankruptcy proceedings and multiple state and federal court actions concerning portfolio company Caesars Entertainment, and in obtaining injunctive relief against a former employee for breaching confidentiality obligations.
- A commercial real estate development organization in connection with claims related to its multi-billion dollar acquisition of a hotel chain with locations throughout North America.
- A prominent entrepreneur and real estate developer in connection with his investment in numerous casinos in Atlantic City.
- The conservator for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in multiple actions against financial institutions relating to the government sponsored entities’ purchase of residential mortgage backed securities.
- The owner of a satellite communications firm in connection with a multi-billion dollar dispute with its creditors and other stakeholders.
- A regional bank, a gaming organization, and an industrial metal recycling firm in connection with each of their purchases of Auction Rate Securities.