Andrew Elkin’s practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation and bankruptcy and creditors’ rights. His areas of practice have included contract litigation, securities litigation, real estate litigation, administrative law, and litigation on behalf of creditors, debtors, and official committees in bankruptcy proceedings. Andrew has also litigated and advised on behalf of both investors and fiduciaries in numerous matters related to corporate governance.
Andrew also dedicates time to assisting in pro bono matters. In particular, he negotiated a favorable settlement for a homeowner defrauded into purchasing a home for which she acquired no ownership rights. Additionally, he recently participated in a trial win restoring title to a non-profit organization in a land ownership dispute before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, in which the court ruled in the organization’s favor.
- A Delaware limited liability company in a corporate governance dispute with certain members resulting in the successful effectuation of a contested amended operating agreement, appointment of a new CEO, and implementation of other corporate governance structures.
- Board of Trustees of the ResCap Liquidating Trust.
- Official Equity Committee in Hercules Offshore, resulting in the confirmation of a plan that provided equity with a guaranteed recovery of $15 million and reduced the claim of the first lien lenders by $32.5 million.
- Harbinger Capital in successfully restructuring its $2 billion investment in LightSquared, including related litigation by Harbinger against Dish Network and the FCC.
- Large investment firm in dispute with directors and investment managers regarding mismanagement of offshore funds.