Legal 500 Recommends Kasowitz Practice Groups and Attorneys
Five Kasowitz practice groups and nine of the firm’s attorneys have been recommended in the 2014 edition of Legal 500. Legal 500 is a ranking publication that provides an in-depth, comprehensive analysis of law firms across the United States.
Kasowitz has been recommended in the following practice areas. Select editorial notes are below.
Finance: Corporate Restructuring (including Bankruptcy) – “The ‘effective and knowledgeable’ team at Kasowitz shines in complex restructuring litigation and creditor’s rights matters.”
Insurance: Advice to Policyholders – “Kasowitz’s ‘excellent’ insurance recovery practice is ‘among the best’ in the market, fielding experienced trial lawyers that handle wide-ranging coverage litigation and arbitration exclusively for corporate policyholders. The firm has particular depth in asbestos, D&O, privacy, environmental and financial fraud coverage matters.”
Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation: Full Coverage – “Highlights included handling Hatch-Waxman cases for Actavis and Covidien subsidiary Mallinckrodt Inc. [Kasowitz] has also been acting for the plaintiff in Jang v Boston Scientific. In the hi-tech sector, the practice recently handled litigation for Google and Verizon.”
Litigation: Trade Secrets – “Kasowitz melds expertise in IP litigation and labor and employment to service corporations in high-stakes trade secrets matters.”
Real Estate and Construction: Real Estate – “Kasowitz’s ‘deep and multi-faceted team’ is ‘fantastic to work with’ and provides ‘immediate responses’ and ‘very creative solutions’ for clients.”
The following attorneys have been recommended in their respective areas.
- Marc E. Kasowitz, Litigation: Leading Trial Lawyers
- Steven C. Carlson, Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation: Full Coverage
- Adam M. Endick, Real Estate and Construction: Real Estate
- Douglas B. Heitner, Real Estate and Construction: Real Estate
- Jerold Oshinsky, Insurance
- David S. Rosner, Finance: Corporate Restructuring
- Wallace L. Schwartz, Real Estate and Construction: Real Estate
- Jeffrey J. Toney, Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation: Full Coverage