Kasowitz’s corporate group has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, asset, stock and membership interest acquisitions and divestitures, commercial lending transactions, joint venture and strategic alliance transactions, private investment fund representation, licensing, venture capital transactions, employment, distribution and manufacturing agreements and general corporate representation. Attorneys in the corporate group also have substantial corporate advisory experience, including the area of corporate governance. The corporate group works closely with the firm's litigation, bankruptcy, employment and matrimonial practice groups, thereby providing fully integrated advice to meet client needs and objectives.
A sampling of the group’s notable representations include:
- Golden Gate Capital as Agent and Lender in a secured term loan financing for the acquisition of a company providing environmental solutions.
- Five Mile Capital as co-Agent and Lender in a debtor-in-possession credit agreement with MSR Resort Golf Course, LLC.
- MI Developments Investments in connection with the formation of a joint venture with Penn National Gaming, to own, operate and develop horse racing and gaming assets.
- Silverpoint Capital Partners in its acquisition of the Galvex group of companies, operators of one of the largest independent steel galvanizing lines in Europe.
- Southern Union Company with respect to numerous matters including assisting in the formulation and documentation of various corporate policies, advising with respect to various landlord-tenant issues and negotiating/preparing company agreements.
- ORIX Finance Corp. as Lender in numerous secured loan financings involving Borrowers operating in a variety of industries, including oil and gas, vehicle manufacturing, home healthcare services and industrial equipment manufacturing.