Kasowitz’s Corporate Practice Group has extensive experience in corporate transactions of substantial size and complexity, including mergers and acquisitions; asset, stock and membership interest acquisitions and divestitures; commercial lending transactions; joint venture and strategic alliance transactions; private investment fund representation; licensing; venture capital transactions; employment, distribution and manufacturing agreements; and general corporate representation.
Our corporate lawyers routinely collaborate with the firm’s litigation, bankruptcy and employment practice groups, serving as a fully integrated, one-stop shop to meet our clients’ business needs and objectives. We also advise international clients on all areas of U.S. corporate law, helping to strategically build and strengthen partnerships and relationships with U.S. companies.
A number of our lawyers have in-house corporate experience, bringing to Kasowitz a comprehensive understanding of major corporations’ inner workings. In these previous positions, our lawyers oversaw all legal facets of business operations, including the negotiation and drafting of licensing, marketing, development, manufacturing, joint ventures, and various other agreements. Our attorneys have also previously spearheaded numerous acquisitions for companies in a variety of industries, including defense and aerospace, technology, entertainment, new media, software development, manufacturing, and mobile communication.
Notable representations include:
- Leading private equity firm as agent and lender in a secured acquisition financing.
- Investment management firm specializing in alternative investments as co-agent and lender in a debtor-in-possession credit agreement with an owner and operator of luxury hotels.
- Global real estate operating company in the formation of a joint venture with an operator of casinos and racetracks to own, operate and develop horse racing and gaming assets.
- Hedge fund with over $8 billion in assets in its acquisition of the operators of one of the largest independent steel galvanizing lines in Europe.
- Leading diversified natural gas company in numerous matters, including the formulation and documentation of various corporate policies, advising with respect to various landlord-tenant issues, and negotiating and preparing company agreements.
- Global financial services conglomerate as lender in numerous secured loan financings involving borrowers operating in a variety of industries, including oil and gas, vehicle manufacturing, home healthcare services and industrial equipment manufacturing.
- One of the world’s largest real estate brokerage firms in the negotiation of mission-critical software licensing and service agreements.
- World-renowned fashion designer in the formation and operation of a licensing joint venture.
- Majority partner in a leading commodities trading firm in the formation and subsequent restructuring of the company.
- Venture capital investor in numerous company investments developing digitized inspection software and digital compression software.
- Developer of specialized rail transport containers in a substantial equity investment and manufacturing agreement.
- Lead investor in equity investment round of a provider of coal production services.
- Leading manufacturer of wire and cable products as borrower in a secured revolving credit agreement.
- Lead investor in equity investment round of a developer of cyber security solutions for the automotive industry.
- Major hedge fund as co-agent and lender in a debtor-in-possession credit agreement with a luxury hotel and resort owner.