Constantine "Dean" Z. Pamphilis
Dean Z. Pamphilis’ practice focuses on complex commercial and civil litigation, including antitrust litigation, securities litigation, premises and product liability, toxic tort, trade secret, covenant not to compete, and appeals. Dean has represented corporations and individuals in the oil and gas, chemical, consumer product, construction, commercial real estate, securities, e-business, insurance, magazine and pharmaceutical industries. Dean has tried cases involving construction disputes, trade secrets, securities, broker-dealer firms, and breach of contract in federal court, state court and before the American Arbitration Association, National Association of Securities Dealers and New York Stock Exchange. He has also successfully obtained numerous injunctions in the securities and oil and gas industry. Dean has been recognized with an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating—the highest peer review rating—by Martindale-Hubbell.
- TPG Global, LLC, one of the largest private equity firms in the world, in a Texas action seeking injunctive relief against Adam Levine, former Deputy Press Secretary for George W. Bush, in connection with his alleged breach of a confidentiality agreement. In June 2015, U.S. District Judge John H. McBryde granted an agreed upon permanent injunction against Levine to resolve TPG's lawsuit against him in federal court in Texas. The injunction permanently enjoined and restrained Levine from possessing, disclosing, using, or exploiting TPG’s confidential information. Levine withdrew all claims against TPG in federal court in San Francisco, including whistleblower claims, without any payment by TPG for the withdrawal of his claims.
- The prosecution of antitrust claims by major magazine wholesaler Anderson News, L.L.C. against leading magazine publishers and distributors, alleging that these companies conspired to boycott Anderson and forced it out of business.
- Obtained a complete defense judgment after a lengthy jury trial of a $56 million subrogation suit against a major natural gas plant operator for a plant fire.
- Conducted a six-week arbitration for a major chemical manufacturer in an action seeking $22.5 million in damages for breach of a plant operating agreement, resulting in an award of $22.5 million for our client and a complete defense verdict of $65 million in counterclaims.
- The defense of four major chemical industry companies brought by thirty major textile manufacturers in multi-district litigation involving alleged price-fixing conspiracy in North American polyester staple fiber market.
- The defense of an oil and gas company in major suits involving a Mexican drug cartel’s systematic theft of large quantities of petroleum products from Pemex for sale in Texas.
- Representation of a borrower, guarantor and affiliated companies in connection with the default on a $72.8MM commercial real estate loan (and associated claims for breach of contract, misappropriation of rents, insurance proceeds and tax impound accounts and waste) and subsequent foreclosure on a 2,700 unit apartment complex in Houston, Texas.
- Representation of a borrower, guarantor and affiliated companies in connection with the default on a $15.7MM commercial real estate loan (and associated claims for breach of contract, fraud, tortious interference and civil conspiracy) and subsequent foreclosure on an apartment complex in Houston, Texas.
- The defense of a major homebuilder in homeowner suits for alleged faulty construction resulting in judgment for our client of no liability.
- The defense of an oil and gas services company in a mass tort lawsuit resulting from the rupture of a natural gas pipeline in Edison, New Jersey.
- The prosecution of fraud claims related to the sale of securities resulting in a judgment for our client for all damages sought.
- The defense of a major chemical industry company in a hazardous waste dump suit brought by over 600 claimants resulting in a dismissal.
- The prosecution and defense of numerous suits for injunctive relief involving theft of trade secrets and violation of covenants not to compete in the oil and gas, chemical and financial services industries.
Baylor Law School
University of Texas at Austin
(B.B.A., magna cum laude, 1992)
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1995
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 1995
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 1995
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 1995
U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 1995