Uri Itkin has extensive experience with complex commercial litigation matters. He is particularly skilled in crafting creative and strategic solutions for disputes arising out of structured finance, complex financial products, and real estate transactions.
Uri has litigated in state and federal courts across the country and participated in confidential arbitrations on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants. His clients include leading hedge funds, private equity firms, investment advisors, real estate developers, corporations, and family offices.
Uri has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by New York Metro Super Lawyers in the area of Securities and Corporate Finance. He is fluent in Russian.
- Two leading hedge funds in a trust instructional proceeding concerning the actions of an indenture trustee for a residential mortgage-backed securitization.
- A group of objecting noteholders with holdings of over $1 billion in a dispute arising out of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s enforcement efforts against 15 Delaware statutory trusts that own over $10 billion in student loans.
- One of New York’s prominent real estate developers in a multi-million dollar dispute concerning the transfer of air and development rights on the Lower East Side of Manhattan.
- Leading collateral manager in a contractual dispute concerning the administration of a commercial mortgage-backed securities CDO.
- Real estate developer in multiple trusts and estates-related disputes.
- A noteholder group with holdings of over $1 billion in obtaining a favorable settlement of their objection to the estimation of billions of dollars of residential mortgage-backed securities claims in the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy.
- Singapore-based issuer in obtaining dismissal of fraud and good faith and fair dealing claims related to its $502 million debt exchange.
- Indenture trustees in obtaining multi-million dollar settlements of representations and warranties claims related to residential mortgage-backed securitizations.
- Liquidation trustee in obtaining a favorable settlement in arbitration against an accounting firm.
- Hedge fund in obtaining a favorable settlement of claims against a global banking institution arising out of a distressed corporate debt CDO structure.
- Real estate asset manager in successfully avoiding arbitration.