David S. Rosner is a leading bankruptcy litigator and restructuring partner featured in Chambers USA (praised as a “really good, effective and creative lawyer,” and “terrifically capable and effective”) and recipient of Turnaround & Workouts “10 Most Outstanding Young Bankruptcy Lawyers.” Mr. Rosner has also been recognized in New York Metro Super Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of “Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law” and “Litigation: Bankruptcy,” as one of Avenue Magazine’s “Legal Elite,” and highlighted by The Legal 500 in the area of “Finance: Corporate Restructuring.”
Mr. Rosner represents committees of distressed hedge funds, private equity funds, insurance companies, financial institutions, and holders of securities at every capital structure level in major corporate insolvencies in central roles in some of the largest, most complex bankruptcies in the United States.
Mr. Rosner enjoys a national practice and reputation and has successfully litigated, argued, and won insolvency-related decisions at the First and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeal as well as District and Bankruptcy Courts throughout the country.
- Official Creditors Committee in Trico Marine
- Controlling Pre-LBO Bondholder-directed indenture trustee in Tribune Company
- Subordinated Debt Class in LyondellBasell
- Committee of CCHII holders in Charter Communications
- Official Committee in Capmark Financial, as litigation counsel
- Litigation Trustee in Le-Nature's
- Senior Secured Bank Debt Holders in Eddie Bauer
- Subordinated Debt Holders in TOUSA
- Equity Holders in Smurfit-Stone in successful $4 billion confirmation/valuation trial
- MCI Senior bondholders in WorldCom Inc. earning their 80% recovery
- Trust Preferred holders in Mirant Corporation, including winning (with the equity committee) a four-month, 27-day trial $14 billion valuation hearing
- Successful acquirers (Southern Union Company, GECC) in Enron Corporation, in the $2.4 billion acquisition of Enron's pipeline companies
- Official Creditors Committee in Refco, Inc. as litigation counsel
- Trade Committee in Delphi Corporation
- Secured Bank Agent group in Pappas Telecommunications
- Unofficial equity committee in Northwest Airlines Inc.
- Official Creditors Committee in GB Holdings (Sands II) in litigation against Carl C. Icahn and his affiliates
- Official Creditors Committee in Polymer Technologies
- Official Creditors Committee in Verestar Inc. in litigation against its public parent
- Bondholder Committee in Entergy New Orleans
- Bondholder Committee in FLAG Telecom
- Bondholder Committee in Covad Communications leading to, as the Wall Street Journal reported, the "landmark" recovery for pre-default bondholders (WSJ, Aug. 8, 2001)
- Preferred Shareholder Committee in Innovative Communications (VITELCO)
- Debtors in Portrait Corporation of America, Questron Technology, New Valley Corporation, SLM International
- Committees of and individual creditors, funds, financial institutions in Loral Space & Communications, Western Union, Nextwave Telecom, Parmalat, National Century Financial Enterprises, Marvel Entertainment Group, A.B. Dick Company, Globalstar, Fruit of the Loom, IT Group, Loewen Group, among many others.